COVID-19 PCR travel testing in South Australia
Clinpath Pathology performs COVID-19 RT-PCR testing for all travellers at our Mile End drive through testing station, 21 James Congdon Drive, Mile End.
As border restrictions ease and travel resumes, many countries, airlines and ships require COVID-19 testing for travellers prior to entry, departure or service use. Testing requirements can change rapidly and will vary depending on where you travel.
IMPORTANT: If you order your test through Clinpath Pathology, you must have your sample(s) collected at our Mile End drive through testing station. If you are departing from a different state or territory, you can select the appropriate Sonic practice to order your test here.
How it works
Ordering your test is a quick and simple three-step process. When you are ready to place your order, we recommend using our collection window calculator located below to help plan for your testing.
A doctor referral is not required | No Medicare rebate is available
- COVID-19 PCR swab $145 (AUD)*
Please note: Clinpath Pathology currently does not offer Serology IgM Screening. We recommend transiting through NSW, QLD, WA or VIC and allow 72 hours for your PCR and IgM testing.
*Pricing is subject to change.
Order your test in three simple steps
Destination guidelines and sample collection window: It is essential that you check with your destination, transit country and airline for travel requirements and recommended timeframe in which you need to demonstrate a negative COVID-19 PCR test.
1. Order and pay for your COVID-19 test
2. Have your sample collected
3. Receive email & SMS notification of your test results
Follow the step-through process and purchase your pathology request.
Once you have completed your order, you will receive an email with your password-protected request form/tax invoice attached, along with password instructions. Print your prepaid pathology request form and take it to your collection centre or present it on your mobile device.
You can pay for your test online using Mastercard, Visa, or AMEX.
- Ensure that you save your confirmation email and tax invoice which contains your 4-digit report access PIN that you need to open your pathology report.
2. Have your sample collected
Find out when and where you need have your COVID-19 travel test collected.
Check when you are required to have your sample collected by using our travel testing calculator.
With over 150 available centres across Australia, we recommend using our locations to find your nearest Clinpath Pathology collection centre.
- Please remember to only present within your collection date and time window that is specific for your travel plans.
- You are required to present to the Sonic pathology collection centre that was specified during the ordering process. Please ensure you choose a collection location that is convenient for you to attend.
- If you present within 24 hours of your departure time we cannot guarantee that your results will be available prior to your departure.
Remember to look for this symbol when visiting the collection centre
3. Receive an email & SMS notification of your test results
Test results are typically available within 24 hours after visiting a COVID-19 travel testing collection centre.
In circumstances when there is an outbreak causing an increase in demand for testing, there may be a delay. Please ensure you present for collection as early as possible within your testing window.
When your test is complete and the result is negative, you will receive an SMS 24–48 hours after your sample is collected. If you do not receive an SMS after 48 hours, please contact Clinpath Pathology on 1800 870 778 Mon-Fri 9 am-4 pm.
The SMS contains a secure link to view your results. You will need the 4-digit PIN provided on your tax invoice to access the result. You must save these results to your mobile device and printing them is recommended.
In the unlikely event that your result is positive for COVID-19, you will be contacted by the Public Health Unit of the state where your test was collected. You must self-isolate immediately and wait until you are advised by the Public Health Unit of your next steps. You are not able to travel at this time.